Tashkent Medical Academy was founded on the basis of abolished 1st and 2nd Tashkent State Medical Institutes through the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan I.A.Karimov N-3629 as of 19 July 2005.
Main tasks of the Academy:
- ensuring preparation of highly qualified medical personnel for quality improvement of health care being provided to population and participation in improvement of the structure of healthcare system;
- coordination and methodological guidance of higher medical education facilities as the leading educational facility in the country on education, postgraduate education of medical personnel, as well as performing research works in health care and public health, shaping healthy life styles;
- Identification of perspective directions for education of medical personnel, shaping preventive direction in the work of physicians taking into consideration ecological changes in the environment;
- Through the Decision of the State Testing Center at the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan the Tashkent Medical Academy is given the status “Higher Education Facility” (Certificate №8 as of 31st of March, 2008)
Human resources potential
- Faculty – 803:
- Academicians 2,
- Professors – 97,
- Docents – 183
- Assistant lecturers – 357
- Doctors of Sciences – 176, Ph.D. – 396
- Scientific potential – 70,2%
- There are general medicine, medico-pedagogical, medico-prophylactic and Higher Nursing faculties at the academy, in total there are 4662 students. There are 735 postgraduates on 46 directions and 205 physicians are being educated on 20 directions through residency.
- Education of highly qualified specialists is being performed on 58 Chairs, at the Center of Acquiring Practical Skills, OSCE (Objectively structured Clinical Examination) Center, 2 training laboratories, School of Public Health, Information-Resource Center, Demonstration-Training Stomatology Complex, at 2 demonstration-training modules of Rural Doctor’s Station.
- The main clinical bases of the Academy are 1st, 2nd and 3rd Clinics, Republican Specialized Scientific-Practical Medical Centers, Republican and City Clinical Hospitals.
- Since 2005 there are prepared 64 Doctors of Sciences, 388 Ph.D.
- There is created coordination council “On Coordination and Monitoring of Research Works being implemented under grant on Ecology and Human Health”.
- The main research unit of the academy is the Central Research Laboratory (CRL). There are going on 25 projects, out of them 18 are applied, 3 – fundamental, 2 – innovation, 2 are for youth. 160 staff members are involved to implementation of grants.
- There are 7 specialized scientific councils functioning at the academy.
Tashkent Medical Academy is collaborating in the sphere of development of international relations on education, research issues and strengthening partner relations between leading higher education facilities of NIS countries and far abroad.
- Humboldt University (Berlin) – Charity Clinic
- Family Medicine Residency Center (Oklahoma, USA)
- “Komsta” Oriental Medicine Center of Korean Republic Medical Association
- Seoul University
- Chkhonnam State University (Korea)
- Russian State Medical University
- The First Moscow State Medical University named after I.M.Setchenov
- St. Petersburg State Medical Academy named after I.I.Mechnikov
- Moscow State Medical Stomatology University
- Samara State Medical University
Schedule for consideration of the direction of the written and oral complaints of individuals and legal entities
Tuychiev Laziz Nodirovich
|Vice-rector for spirituality and enlightenment
Bobomuratov Turdikul Akramovich
|Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
Teshaev October Ruhillaevich
|Vice-Rector scientific work
Boymuradov Shukhrat Abduzhalilovich
|Vice-Rector for Economic and Financial
Magzumov Ilkhom Hamidullaevich
|Vice-rector on work with the academic lyceums and professional colleges
Baimakov Sayfiddin Risbaevich
Trusted phone: 150-78-25
Name of organization: Tashkent Medical Academy
City/District: Tashkent city
Address: 2 Farabi street, Olmazor district
Telephone: +998 (71) 150-78-25
Fax: +998 (71) 150-78-28