On December 2, 2021, the rector of the Tashkent Medical Academy (TMA) Prof. A.K. Shadmanov and Mr. Heikki Pusa, Director of Global Services, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Finland, signed the Memorandum of Understanding.
During the Ceremony, the sides discussed issues of cooperation between the two universities, particularly, in the development of joint educational programs, conduction of scientific-research and cooperation in continuous medical education.
In the meeting, next cooperation issues have been discussed:
- opening of joint Master’s Programs in Healthcare Management;
- facilitation in getting international accreditation of the TMA’s educational programs;
- publcation of scientific papers in local and international journals;
- conduction of seminars and lectures by the faculty of both universities; and
- improvement of the Health Insurance system in Uzbekistan.
Within the MoU, the sides also approved a “Roadmap” for the development of cooperation for 2022-2024.