Looking for a statistical snapshot of the Tashkent Medical Academy? Find all the basic facts and figures about TMA here.
Human resources potential
Faculty – 803:
Professors – 97,
Docents – 183
Assistant lecturers – 357
Doctors of Sciences – 176, Ph.D. – 396
Scientific potential – 70,2%
There are general medicine, medico-pedagogical, medico-prophylactic and Higher Nursing faculties at the academy, in total there are 4662 students. There are 735 postgraduates on 46 directions and 205 physicians are being educated on 20 directions through residency.
Education of highly qualified specialists is being performed on 58 Chairs, at the Center of Acquiring Practical Skills, OSCE (Objectively structured Clinical Examination) Center, 2 training laboratories, School of Public Health, Information-Resource Center, Demonstration-Training Stomatology Complex, at 2 demonstration-training modules of Rural Doctor’s Station.
The main clinical bases of the Academy are 1st, 2nd and 3rd Clinics, Republican Specialized Scientific-Practical Medical Centers, Republican and City Clinical Hospitals.
Since 2005 there are prepared 64 Doctors of Sciences, 388 Ph.D.
There is created coordination council “On Coordination and Monitoring of Research Works being implemented under grant on Ecology and Human Health”.
The main research unit of the academy is the Central Research Laboratory (CRL). There are going on 25 projects, out of them 18 are applied, 3 – fundamental, 2 – innovation, 2 are for youth. 160 staff members are involved to implementation of grants.
There are 7 specialized scientific councils functioning at the academy.
Tashkent Medical Academy is collaborating in the sphere of development of international relations on education, research issues and strengthening partner relations between leading higher education facilities of NIS countries and far abroad.
Humboldt University (Berlin) – Charity Clinic
Family Medicine Residency Center (Oklahoma, USA)
“Komsta” Oriental Medicine Center of Korean Republic Medical Association
Chkhonnam State University (Korea)
Russian State Medical University
The First Moscow State Medical University named after I.M.Setchenov
St. Petersburg State Medical Academy named after I.I.Mechnikov
Moscow State Medical Stomatology University
Samara State Medical University
The Coordination Council has been established at academy for the coordination of research projects, implementing by grants.
- The main research division of the Academy is the Inter-university Scientific Research Laboratory (ISRL), where 13 grant projects are realized under the State Scientific and Technical Programs, such as 8 applied, 2 fundamental, 1 innovation and 2 youth grants for a total of 1 billion 3,65 million 929 thousand sums (UZS). 88 employees take part in the implementation of the grants.
- The scientific works by the orders of the Ministry of Health of the Republic Uzbekistan and scientific centers are implementing on the base of laboratory for 43 million sums (UZS).
- The ISRL, which was established on the basis of the Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, ensures effective integration between education and science, contributes to the improvement of the quality of scientific research, the active participation of scientific personnel in the pedagogical process and the wide introduction of research results into the educational process in order to improve the quality of the learning process.
In order to increase the scientific work in the TMA in 2018: planned:
- expansion of the scale and scope of scientific researches;
- equipping the ISRL with scientific equipments and ensuring their effective functioning;
- to rise the scientific potential of the TMA by improving the quality and timely defending of dissertations for the academic degrees of PhD and doctors of sciences (DSc).